Add one-third cup of vanilla yogurt to a small bowl, add in some banana slices, berries and chopped fruit to it. Garnish it with some granola.
Place a little bit in a bowl and add fresh fruit to the top
Toast a frozen waffle, cutting into strips and serving it with yogurt to dip it in. Don’t forget the fresh fruit.
Scrambled eggs with cheese and meat (bacon, turkey, ham, etc.)
You want your child to enjoy his/her vegetables, so make sure you get them into the habit of eating them. Here are some great vegetable snack ideas:
- Red peppers or cucumbers with low-fat dressing to dip in
- Carrot chips with hummus
- Whole-wheat pita bread with melted cheese (preferably reduced fat) for dipping
- Baked potato with salsa and melted cheese
- Frozen fruit bars – no sugar added – and a glass of milk
- Canned salmon combined with mayo (low fat) with whole-grain crackers