Apples are a rich source of vitamin C and fiber so you can be sure that incorporating them into your child’s diet will be nothing but beneficial for them. With only 95 calories, they count in the daily recommended intake of fruit as one serving.
Getting kids to eat their fruits can be a daunting task but here are some apple based healthy snacks that can make even the pickiest eater reconsider.
Peanut butter apple crackers
If your child loves peanut butter then this snack will be a favorite for them. All you need is an apple, whole wheat crackers and of course, peanut butter.
- Slice up the apple into thin wedges or slices.
- Spread some peanut butter over one side of a cracker
- Place the apple wedge on the side of the cracker with peanut butter
This snack is wholesome because your kid will be getting whole grains and proteins at one go.
- You can replace the nuts by Grated coconut or chocolate.
This is another healthy sweet treat that the kids will enjoy making and eating. Have about 5 to 6 medium sized apples that have been peeled and cored, some sugar, 3 tablespoons of raisins, a teaspoon of cinnamon, ½ a cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Mix the raisins, cinnamon and sugar
- Stuff the cored apples with the mixture and dot each of them with some butter
- Add the apples into the cooker after you have poured in some water and cook on low heat for about 7 to 8 hours.
Once they are ready you can have them with vanilla ice cream on top. If you have the option of cinnamon ice cream that would would be a perfect alternative.