When the kids come home from school their tummies are probably rumbling already and you’ll want to have some healthy snacks ready for them when they get home to keep them going until dinner time.
Make sure you prepare snacks that will not interfere with their appetite for dinner.
6 Healthy Evening Snacks :
– Slather some nut butter such as almond butter or peanut butter on a crisp apple slice for a protein, fiber and vitamin packed snack for your child to keep their tummies occupied before dinner.
– Give them some cheese sticks to nibble on seeing as they are jam-packed with healthy omega-3 fats which are good for the heart and play a big role in boosting the brain.
– A smoothie is always a great way to fill their tummies for a short while before dinner, plus you can add lots of extra ingredients to make the smoothie healthier and tastier. One smoothie recipe you could try would be to blend a cup of flavored yogurt, a cup of frozen fruit like strawberries or bananas, and a ¼ cup of orange juice until the mixture has a smooth consistency, sounds delicious, doesn’t it?
– Slice a banana or two into 1/8 inch slices, lay them flat on a baking sheet that has been greased; you will then proceed to bake them at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for roughly 2-3 hours until they become golden then let them harden at room temperature. These banana chips make for a tasty and nutritious crunchy snack.
– Carrot sticks are another healthy evening snack you can give your kids, but just in case your kids are not too fond of them you can make a dip for the carrot sticks such as hummus or cream cheese.
– Get the kids to take milk by giving them organic flavored milk such as chocolate if you cannot get them to take regular milk.