Bananas such a versatile fruit that they can be used for making drinks, sweet treats and snacks that your kids will find delicious to eat and fun to make with you.
incorporating healthy ingredients into chocolate-based snacks so they get some nutritional value as well.
Watermelon Fruit Pizza
(See photo above)
Your kids may end up loving this fruity take of the cheese pizza not to mention they might also love helping you make it by adding their favorite ‘toppings’.
- You will need 2 round slices of watermelon about an inch in thickness and roughly 9 inches in diameter
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- ¼ cup of blue berries and finally a whole banana.
Garnish the watermelon evenly using the blueberries and the banana slices, whisk some lime zest, lime juice and honey together and drizzle it over the watermelon then garnish with mint.
Bananas in Milk
This is a recipe that will not even take you 5 minutes and is as healthily tasty as they come.
- You will need half a cup of 1% low-fat milk and a1 ripe banana.
- Slice up the bananas into a serving bowl and top it off with milk.
- You can use different types of milk or ingredients for a variation of the recipe such as sprinkling pumpkin pie sauce or cinnamon over the bananas before adding milk, using chocolate milk or other flavors, alternate milk with yogurt, or add some other fruit into the mix such as berries.
Add a banana into your kid’s favorite pastry recipe for a surprising twist such as in muffins, cake, bread or biscuits. They can enjoy them with a glass of low-fat milk or fruit juice for added nutrients.
Banana Rice Crackers
These can be a great snack for your kids when they come home for school feeling especially hungry.
- You will need a whole ripe banana, ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of honey and quaker rice crackers or 10 round either reduced fat or regular baked crackers.
- Slice up the banana thinly
- Add some peanut butter (optional)
- Put the banana slices onto the rice crackers.
- Drizzle some honey on top and then sprinkle using the cinnamon.
- This snack takes only 10 minutes tops to prepare.
Nutella and Banana parcels
This is one sticky but tasty treat your child will be licking off their fingers until the day comes to an end.
- Mash 2 bananas and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar in a bowl.
- Cut a sheet of puff pastry into 4 squares.
- Put a teaspoon of Nutella into the center plus one tablespoon of the banana mash.
- Fold up the corners pressing the edges using a fork making a seal.
- Brush on top with milk and poke the triangles using a sharp knife creating a vent for the steam to escape.
- Bake at 180 degrees on a baking sheet for up to 25 minutes and dust with icing sugar.